DRAFT Johnson County, KS Utility-Scale Solar Facility Regulations
Last Planning Commission Meeting where Draft Regulations were finalized was on Dec. 14, 2021. Originally the Planning Commission was scheduled to Meet with the Commissioners for a Joint Study Session on January 20, 2022 but it was canceled.
The new date for the Joint Study Session is supposedly set for Feb. 24, 2022 however we do not yet know the time or location details. We will keep everyone posted once we hear from Diane Wicklund/Planner (firstname.lastname@example.org). Feel free to email her to also request details for this important rescheduled Joint Study Session. We must attend and observe this meeting, most likely no public comment will be allowed.
Final Draft of Regulations Sent to Commissioners: Click on the link below to read all regulation details.
Highlights of Johnson Counties Draft Regulations:
- Max Project Area Size: 1,000 Acres
- Max Project Extent of a Solar Facility: 4 Square Miles (2,560 Acres)
- Buffer from any City Boundary and City Future Development Fringe Areas: 2 Miles minimum
View Buffer Map: https://www.jocogov.org/sites/default/files/files/2021-12/PLN-2MileBufferMap_DeSotoAnnex.pdf
- Project Boundary Setback: 50 Feet (Battery Energy Storage System Facilities 150 Feet)
- Setback from Dwellings: 250 Feet
- Conditional Use Permit (CUP) Term Limit: 20 Years